Take a plate, these goodies are perfect for summer entertaining and easy to transport (picnic time, anyone?)
- 40 x 4 g small peppermint candy canes
- 4 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 free-range egg white
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan.
- Place candy canes in a medium snap lock bag. Seal. Using a rolling pin, gently pound until finely crushed.
- Place sugar in a large bowl. Stir in coconut and half the candy canes. Add condensed milk and egg white. Mix well.
- With damp hands, press mixture over base of prepared pan. Smooth over top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with remaining candy canes. Press into top. Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Using paper, lift coconut ice out of pan onto a chopping board. Cut into 32 squares.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.9 g|
|- Sugars||59.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|