A bagful of cherries – make the most of the cherry season with our mouth-watering sweet tart... with a dash of lime!
- 250 g packet granita biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 400 g fresh cherries
- aerosol whipped cream, to serve
- 500 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a 24cm round loose-base flan tin.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base and up side of tin.Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate.
- Using a cherry pitter, remove pits from 200g of the cherries. Cut in half.
- To make filling, process cream cheese, milk, rind, juice and vanilla in clean food processor until smooth.
- Arrange halved cherries, cut-side down, in a single layer over biscuit base. Pour the filling over the base. Smooth the filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To serve, use a cherry pitter to remove pits from remaining cherries over a bowl. Reserve juice. Scatter cherries over tart. Drizzle over juice. Serve with whipped cream.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.6 g|
|- Sugars||40.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|