If you love ginger beer, you're in for a treat... this cocktail combines your favourite drink with bourbon, mint and lemongrass for a refreshing summer sipper.
- 1 small lemongrass stalk
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice
- 250 ml can ginger beer, chilled
- extra mint leaves, to garnish
- Peel away tough outer leaves from lemongrass. Trim base. Cut stalk in half lengthways. With the flat side of a large knife, press on the white part of the stalk to bruise it.
- Trim pieces in length to extend above rim of two glass tumblers. Place in tumblers with mint. Combine bourbon and juice in a small jug. Divide between tumblers.
- Just before serving, divide crushed ice between tumblers. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with extra mint leaves.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.8 g|
|- Sugars||11.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.1 g|