This nutritious, filling, oh-so-delicious salad bowl can be made with more fibre by using brown rice instead of white...
- 8 marinated chicken kebabs
- 450 g packet microwave rice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, diagonally sliced
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed, diagonally halved
- 3 green spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, thinly shredded
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- salad dressing
- Heat an oiled, large, chargrill or barbecue hot plate over a medium heat. Add kebabs. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Meanwhile, heat rice according to packet directions. Place in a bowl to cool slightly.
- Remove chicken from skewers. Add to the rice with the cucumber, snow peas, onions, carrots and coriander. Toss to combine.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl. Top with avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.4 g|
|- Sugars||4.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|