With the summer hlidays here, now's the time to get your mates around and enjoy the season's freshest and best dessert....
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 Tbsp water
- 270 ml canned light coconut milk
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ¼ cup natvia
- 2 free-range eggs, room temperature
- small mint leaves to decorate
- 25 g unsalted butter
- ½ large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp natvia
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small, heatproof jug. Stand jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut cream in a medium saucepan until hot. Do not boil. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Stir hot gelatine mixture into hot coconut cream. Cool to room temperature, without allowing to set.
- Whisk ricotta in a large bowl until smooth. Add gelatine mixture, yoghurt, cream and 1 tblsp of the Natvia. Stir until combined.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining Natvia. Gently fold into yoghurt mixture. Divide evenly among six serving glasses (1-cup capacity). Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To make pineapple, melt butter in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pineapple and Natvia. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until syrupy. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
- To serve, spoon pineapple onto mousse and scatter over mint leaves
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|