Sweet and fruity, these 3-ingredient energy snacks will take you from your 3 o'clock coffee break to dinner with ease. They're also great for school lunchboxes.
- 2 ⅓ cups pecans, halved, toasted
- 1 ½ cups dried pitted dates
- 1 ½ cups dried apricots
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper. Roughly chop 1/3 cup of pecans and set aside.
- Place dates, apricots and remaining 2 cups pecans into a food processor and whiz until mixture is well combined. If it is a little dry, add 1-2 tbsp boiling water to help bring the mixture together.
- Press mixture into the base of the lined cake tin, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Top with reserved pecans and press the nuts firmly into the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour or until required. Cut into 4cm squares to serve.
The energy snacks will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.7 g|
|- Sugars||44.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|