No time to bake? This quick-to-prepare, 3-ingredient slice just what you need. The sweet/salty combination of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible.
- 2 x 200 g milk chocolate digestive biscuits
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate melts
- Lightly grease a 18cm x 28cm lamington tin. Line the base and sides of the tin, extending the paper about 3cm above the tin on the longest edges – this will make removing the slice from the tin easier.
- Break the biscuits into pieces and place into a food processor, then pulse until crumbly. Add the peanut butter and whiz until the mixture comes together.
- Press mixture into the base of the pan using the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Cut slice into bars (see kitchen notes).
- Meanwhile, place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second bursts at 70% power, stirring between each burst, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Transfer chocolate to a zip-lock bag and snip the corner. Pipe a little chocolate over the pieces and allow to set before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
The easiest way to cut the slice into bars is to cut the slab in half to give two 18cm x 14cm pieces. Cut each one of these pieces into two 7cm strips. Working with one strip at a time, cut into 2.5cm bars.
The slice will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.6 g|
|- Sugars||13.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|