Doughnuts galore – these decadent treats are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 6 cinnamon doughnuts
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- maple syrup
- sliced peaches
- Cut doughnuts in half horizontally.
- Place eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large jug. Whisk until combined. Pour into a large shallow dish.
- Place half the doughnuts into egg mixture. Stand for 30 seconds. Turn over and repeat until soaked. Drain off excess. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture and doughnuts.
- Melt half the butter and oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until butter starts to foam. Add half the doughnuts. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove.
- Wipe pan clean with absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat cooking with remaining butter, oil and doughnuts.
- Serve warm French toast with maple syrup and peaches
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.8 g|
|- Sugars||13.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.1 g|