Decorated muffins can be made up three days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove 15 minutes before serving. Test muffins to see if cooked by inserting a skewer into the centres. It should come out clean.
- 6 mini cinnamon donuts
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tsp red food colouring
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp raspberry jam
- 125 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup icing sugar mixture
- Line a 6-hole Texan muffin pan (3- to 4-cup capacity) with large paper muffin wraps.
- Place doughnuts in wraps. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda in a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well.
- Whisk buttermilk, oil, eggs, colouring and vinegar together in a large jug. Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour well until smooth. Divide evenly over doughnuts.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make icing, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until combined. Gradually beat in sugar until combined.
- Spoon icing onto muffins. Top each with 1 tsp jam, swirling through using a skewer.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.9 g|
|- Sugars||42.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|