Vietnamese lunch for four - this fresh and fragrant salad with a touch of sweetness will hit the spot!
- 600 g beef eye fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Refrigerate until cool.
- Combine beef, lemongrass, half the chillies and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add juice, sesame oil and remaining chillies to remaining dressing in jug. Refrigerate.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium to high heat. Add broccolini. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat same wok over a high heat. Add beef in three batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to same hot wok. Add onion. Stir-fry until soft. Stir through beef.
- Serve beef and broccolini with rice. Pour over remaining dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||119.0 g|
|- Sugars||18.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|