This make-ahead dessert is the perfect ending to any celebration with family and friends. Passionfruit means there's extra reason to be passionate about this!
- 2 x 250 g packets sponge finger biscuits
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- 450 g fresh ricotta
- 140 g tub spreadable cream cheese
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- 100 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry roasted almonds, finely chopped
- Grease a large, straight-sided 15cm x 23.5cm x 9cm deep loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm about pan edges.
- To make filling, beat ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat cream in same, clean small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into ricotta mixture in two batches. Fold in chocolate and almonds.
- You will need 22 sponge finger biscuits. Reserve remaining biscuits for another use.
- Spread 1½ cups of filling over base of prepared pan. Dip six biscuits into juice for about 15 seconds. Arrange lengthways, in a single layer, over filling.
- Spread half the remaining filling over biscuits. Repeat, dipping half the remaining biscuits in juice. Arrange over filling. Repeat layering with remaining filling, biscuits and juice. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, turn out terrine onto a serving plate. Drizzle with passionfruit.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||23.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||61.9 g|
|- Sugars||21.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|