This delicious panna cotta recipe is covered with toasted coconut and berries for a moreish after-dinner treat.
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 125 g punnet fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 300 ml carton pure cream
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 Tbsp water
- Lightly grease four individual dishes (3- to 4-cup capacity). Place on a tray.
- To make panna cotta, place coconut on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), stirring halfway through, for about 5 minutes, or until toasted. Remove.
- Combine coconut milk, cream, sugar, vanilla and toasted coconut in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 mins. Strain mixture into a large jug. Discard coconut.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Stir warm gelatine into warm panna cotta. Divide evenly among prepared dishes. Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours, or until set.
- Combine berries and sugar in a bowl. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour, or until softened.
- Turn out panna cotta onto plates. Serve with berries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||49.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.9 g|
|- Sugars||30.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.0 g|