Sticky sweet and sour sauce makes this chicken dinner dish even more delicious, and best of all, it's ready in just over half an hour.
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 225 g canned pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp Thai seasoning
- 145 g sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 green spring onions, sliced
- microwaveable white long grain rice
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until browned all over.
- Return all chicken to pan. Stir in undrained pineapple, capsicum, seasoning and sauces. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 5 minutes. Add asparagus. Cook, covered for a further 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and asparagus is tender. Stir in onions. Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.0 g|
|- Sugars||17.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|