You can make this sauce up to one month ahead – make sure you label and date it, and it's good to go!
- 1 cup passata sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup muscovado sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- glass jar
- grilled meats and salad to serve
- Whisk sauces, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and paprika in a medium saucepan over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, sterilise jar and lid, wash in hot, soapy water. Rinse well. Boil in a stockpot of water for 15 minutes. Remove with tongs. Drain on a wire rack until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Place jar and metal lid on an oven tray in a slow oven (150C) for a few minutes, or until they are completely dry. Carefully remove.
- Pour hot sauce into hot sterilised jar. Seal with lid. Cool. Serve sauce with grilled meats and salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||104.9 g|
|- Sugars||99.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|