You can't get more decadent than a mouthful of this creamy dessert – and, it's super-simple, making it a brilliant idea for entertaining.
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 x 170 g tubs dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ripe mango, flesh removed, pureed, mashed
- 1 mango cheek, flesh finely sliced, to serve
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes, toasted, to serve
- Put the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle over gelatine and stir until completely dissolved.
- Whisk the yoghurt and vanilla essence together until smooth. Stir in the puréed mango. Add gelatine mixture and stir until smooth. Divide mixture evenly between 4 small serving bowls or glasses. Cover and put in the fridge for 4 hours, or until completely set.
- Top the mango mousse with the mango slices and toasted coconut flakes to serve.
To toast the coconut, place flakes in a small non-stick frying pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring continuously, for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.0 g|
|- Sugars||12.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|