Skip the takeaway menu and whip up this healthy alternative in no time – perfect for vegetarian dinner!
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 100 g kale, inner core removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 gluten-free pizza base
- ½ small red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 60 g reduced-fat grated cheese
- 35 g rocket leaves
- 10 g Parmesan shavings
- balsamic glaze
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion is very soft. Add mushrooms and kale. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until kale is soft. Stir in the vinegar and then transfer to plate. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fanforced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Put bread on trays and spread with onion mix. Top with capsicum and grated cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese melts and base is crisp.
- Meanwhile, toss together rocket leaves and parmesan. Serve pizza with salad and drizzle with balsamic glaze, if you like.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||91.2 g|
|- Sugars||28.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|