This hearty comfort-food classic that will spice up your life. Perfect for a Saturday night family dinner!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground chilli
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 500 g extra-lean beef mince
- 400 g can canned tomatoes
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 salt-reduced chicken stock cube
- 250 ml boiling water
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 120 g Doongara rice
- 4 Tbsp light sour cream, to serve
- coriander leaves
- lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until onion softens. Add cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add capsicum, zucchini and carrot and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add mince. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until mince browns. Add canned tomato, fresh tomato and combined stock cube and boiling water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook gently over medium for 15 minutes. Add beans and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the mixture reduces and thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions.
- Divide rice and chilli between shallow serving bowls. Top with sour cream and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.5 g|
|- Sugars||14.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.9 g|