Juicy and full of flavour, this chicken on a stick will please the whole family at your next get-together.
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice 1 small lemon
- 300 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- olive oil spray
- 2 wholemeal pitas
- 35 g rocket
- 60 gram coleslaw mix
- ½ red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 Tbsp 99% fat-free French salad dressing
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- Combine the lemongrass, thyme, garlic, oil and lemon juice in a shallow dish. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Thread chicken onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Preheat a chargrill plate on medium-high. Spray chicken with cooking spray and add to the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Spray both sides of the pita bread with cooking spray. Add to the chargrill and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine the rocket, coleslaw and onion in a bowl. Add salad dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve the skewers with lemon wedges, grilled pita bread and salad on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.6 g|