It's smashed avo on toast – that is, the amped up version for entertaining that everyone will love... the ultimate brunch!
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp roughly chopped mint
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 small avocado, flesh removed
- 4 x 30 g slices sourdough bread
- olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 50 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine tomatoes, shallots, mint, oil and 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice in a bowl. Season with pepper. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop.
- Mash avocado roughly with a fork in a small bowl and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with pepper.
- Preheat an oven grill on medium-high. Spray one side of the bread with cooking spray. Place under grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until lightly golden. Rub top side (sprayed with oil) of bread with cut garlic. Cut each piece of bread in half crossways, if you like.
- Spread mashed avocado over the garlic side of each piece of bread. Then top with the tomato mixture and sprinkle over the crumbled feta. Serve the dish immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.4 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|