A bite-sized canape that won't spoil your appetite before the main event. They're just delish!
- cooking spray
- 6 slices low-GI white bread
- 60 g salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- black pepper
- 50 g light ricotta
- 60 g free-range egg
- 60 ml low-fat milk
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fanforced). Spray 12 x 30ml (11/2 Tbsp) round-bottomed patty pans with cooking spray.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread out until thin. Using a 6.5cm round cutter, cut 2 rounds out of each slice of bread, using remaining bread to make into breadcrumbs and freeze. Roll each round out a little more with the rolling pin. Use rounds to line patty pans, pressing down firmly. Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine salmon, shallots, dill and pepper in a small bowl. Divide the ricotta evenly between the bread cases and spread over base. Top with the salmon mixture. Whisk egg, milk and mustard together and pour a little into each case. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set and light golden brown. Serve warm with dill sprigs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|