Sweet baby carrots in a blanket of crispy prosciutto… yes, please! This is a side idea that will really get the dinner party started
- 16 baby Dutch carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 thinly sliced prosciutto, halved lengthways
- 16 asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fanforced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the carrots in a shallow, microwave-safe dish. Add 60ml (¼ cup) water. Cover and cook on High/ 100% for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Spread a little mustard over each strip of prosciutto. Wrap 2 carrots and 2 asparagus spears in a strip of prosciutto. Place on the lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining carrots, asparagus and prosciutto, making 8 bunches in total.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, lemon juice and pepper. Place vegetable parcels on a platter. Drizzle dressing over the vegetables. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||5.9 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|