A delicious way to eat your vegies, and great for leftovers... You'll love this amazing side or light main.
- 85 g low-GI rice
- 350 g eggplant, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard (or gluten-free mustard)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook rice in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 25-30 minutes or until it’s tender. Drain the rice and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C (fan-forced). Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Put the eggplant, onion, capsicum and zucchini and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine then spread over roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and toss to combine. Roast for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are light golden brown.
- Add roasted veg to the rice and toss to combine. Whisk lemon juice, mustard and vinegar. Add to salad and toss to combine. Set aside for 20 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|