There's no need to wrestle with a large whole bird when you can cook turkey steaks with ease.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 150 g turkey breast steaks, pounded into an even thickness
Cherry and port sauce
- ¼ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 250 g cherries, pitted, finely chopped
- zest ½ orange
- juice 1 orange
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp port
- To make cherry and port sauce, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the cherries, orange zest, juice, ginger and port. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer, covered, over medium-low heat, for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add the turkey steaks and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook for 2 minutes or until the turkey is just cooked through.
- Serve the turkey steaks topped with the sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|