Perfectly roasted chicken will always be a crowd-pleaser
- 1.6 kg free-range whole chicken, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 Tbsp orange and ginger marmalade
- 1 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- zest and juice 1 orange
- 60 ml no-salt-added chicken stock
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fanforced). Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Use your fingers to loosen skin over chicken breast. Carefully remove skin off breasts and legs, leaving wings intact and skin on knuckles at end of legs. Place chicken in pan and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Put the marmalade, cranberry sauce, orange zest and juice, stock and mustard in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until well combined. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture reduces and thickens. Stir in half of the thyme leaves.
- Brush chicken with a little glaze. Roast for 50-60 minutes, brushing with extra glaze every 15 minutes (using a thicker layer of glaze on final coat), or until a skewer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken produces juices that run clear. Sprinkle over remaining thyme leaves, to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.0 g|
|- Sugars||11.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|