You'll love every indulgent mouthful of this velvety chocolate mousse.
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp custard powder
- 250 ml skim milk
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 130 g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 free-range egg whites, room temperature
- 10 g milk or dark chocolate, shaved
- 3 fresh strawberries, quartered, to serve
- Put cocoa powder, caster sugar and custard powder in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in the milk. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a simmer. Whisk until smooth. Set aside, whisking occasionally to stop skin forming.
- Put the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Stir well until gelatine is almost dissolved. Put in the microwave on High/100% for 20 seconds. Stir well until gelatine dissolves.
- Whisk the gelatine into the chocolate mixture. Whisk in the 1/2 cup yoghurt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add a spoonful to the chocolate mixture and fold in well. Add the remaining egg white and fold in gently until just combined. Spoon mousse evenly between 4 serving dishes. Place dishes on a tray and put in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
- To serve, top each individual mousse with a spoonful of yoghurt, a sprinkle of the chocolate shavings and a few slices of strawberry
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.7 g|
|- Sugars||16.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|