This green and red stunner is also known as summer on a plate! Enjoy the taste of summer with versatile fresh asparagus
- 3 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 50 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup basil
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add asparagus. Return to the boil. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the asparagus cooking. Drain and pat dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- Put salad leaves, asparagus, tomatoes and basil in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to combine. Place salad on a serving platter. Sprinkle with parmesan and pine nuts. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|