Salty-sweet bacon pairs perfectly with garden-fresh asparagus. It's a delicious, stunning starter for summer parties!
- 125 g Weight Watchers bacon
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp maple-flavoured syrup (sugar free)
- 2 tsp hot water
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper sauce
- Place bacon between pieces of paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cook on High/ 100% for 11/2-2 minutes or until partially cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Divide asparagus into six portions. Wrap a few pieces of bacon around each portion and secure with toothpicks. Combine maple syrup, water, mustard and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill plate on medium. Add asparagus bundles and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, turning frequently and brushing with maple syrup mixture for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Remove from grill and serve warm.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||7.7 g|
|- Sugars||7.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|