Invite friends over for an easy, light lunch! Enjoy the taste of summer – it's crunch time with veg!
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 3 slices red onion
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp shredded basil
- 30 cm sourdough baguette, halved horizontally
- 90 g grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- extra basil to serve
- Preheat a barbecue grill over medium heat. Spray the asparagus and onion with cooking spray. Add onion to the barbecue grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 7-10 minutes or until tender, adding the asparagus for the last 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop the onion and cut the asparagus into 2.5cm pieces. Combine the onion and basil in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, hollow out the inside of the bread halves, leaving a 1.5cm shell. Add the bread halves cut-side down to the grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from grill.
- Fill the bread halves with the onion mixture and asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese and return to the barbecue. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are toasted and cheese is melted. Cut into slices and top with extra basil, if you like
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.9 g|
|- Sugars||2.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|