This delightfully smoky soup topped with prosciutto will liven up your evening.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp harissa spice blend
- 1 kg orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube
- 1.5 litre boiling water
- olive oil cooking spray
- 20 g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 40 g roasted chick peas
- pepper to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add paprika and harissa and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add sweet potato and stir to combine. Add combined stock cube and water. Cover and bring to a simmer over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is very tender.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and process (in batches, if necessary) until smooth. Return to pan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill on medium. Line an oven tray with foil. Spray prosciutto with cooking spray and arrange on prepared tray. Transfer to grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until prosciutto starts to darken and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Divide soup between bowls. Top with the prosciutto and chickpeas, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.8 g|