Eating low GI meals can assist with helping you feel fuller for longer and reducing the urge for unneccessary snacks!
- 300 g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g dried pasta casarecce pasta
- 50 g fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp pesto
- 10 g Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fanforced). Line a shallow roasting pan with baking paper. Add sweet potato, capsicum and onion to prepared pan. Drizzle over oil and toss to combine. Roast for 25 minutes, turning once, or until vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling water following pack instructions, or until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add roasted vegetables, spinach and pesto to pasta. Toss until well combined and spinach has wilted slightly. Divide between shallow serving bowls. Sprinkle over the parmesan and then serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.4 g|