Satisfy your inner sweet tooth with these clean bounty-bar-inspired bites. They are high in protein, iron and zinc to support growth and a strong immune system, and are a good source of fibre.
- 1 cup shredded coconut, plus 1 tsp for decoration
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 1 ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 6 squares 70% cocoa dark chocolate (or milk chocolate)
- Line a 12-hole mini muffin tin with ten paper cases. Place shredded coconut, rice malt syrup or honey, coconut oil and coconut milk in bowl of a small food processor and process until combined but still coarse.
- Press about 2 tablespoons into prepared muffin hole. Spread melted chocolate over top and sprinkle with extra coconut. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Remove from tin and store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 4 weeks.
Recipe extracted from The Wholesome Cook: Recipes for Life’s Seasons by Martyna Angell, published by HQ, RRP $49.99. Available now in bookshops.
This recipe is…
- Raw food
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||184.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||84.2 g|
|- Sugars||58.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||47.3 g|