Bring the flavours of Mexico to your kitchen in perfect parcels
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch chilli flakes
- 250 g beef fillets, trimmed of fat
- olive oil spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, cut into thin wedges
- ½ large red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large tomato, halved, sliced
- ½ baby gem lettuce, quartered lengthways, washed, dried
- ½ small avocado, mashed until smooth
- 4 tortillas (wholegrain)
- coriander, to serve
- Preheat a chargrill on mediumhigh heat. Combine paprika, cumin and chilli flakes. Sprinkle over steak and spray with oil.
- Add steak to the chargrill and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium. Add the onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Diagonally slice steak and place on a large platter with onion mixture, tomato and lettuce. Put avocado in a small bowl. To serve, spread a little avocado over each tortilla and top with capsicum mixture, steak, tomato, lettuce and coriander, if desired. Roll up and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.1 g|