Individual pies are perfect for the whole family – yes, please!
- cooking oil spray
- 50 g fresh linguine
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ large red capsicum, chopped
- 40 g cherry bocconcini, chopped
- 50 g semi-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- finely grated zest ½ lemon
- ¼ cup basil
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ baby gem lettuce
- ¼ small avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into small wedges
- ½ cup basil
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fanforced). Spray 2 x 7.5cm (base measurement) pie plates with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta in a small saucepan of boiling water, following pack instructions, or until al dente. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Cut into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Add onion and capsicum to pan and cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until onion softens. Transfer to pasta bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes
- Add bocconcini, tomatoes, olives, lemon zest, basil and eggs to pasta. Season with pepper and toss well to combine. Divide mixture between pie plates, pressing down into plates with a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pies are set and golden brown.
- To make the salad, toss lettuce, avocado, tomato and basil in a large bowl. Divide between serving plates. Remove pies from plates and, if desired, top with extra basil leaves. Serve with salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.4 g|