Top off a wonderful weekend with a super salad – protein, calcium and vitamins, oh my!
- 2 x free-range eggs, room temperature
- olive oil spray
- 20 g thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 baby gem lettuce, ends trimmed, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 40 g cherry bocconcini, quartered
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ½ mango, flesh thinly sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 60 g wholemeal sourdough rolls
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add eggs and reduce heat to medium. Cook, partially covered, for 4 minutes. Drain well, rinsing eggs under cold water. Peel eggs and set aside.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium. Add prosciutto and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Put the lettuce, bocconcini, tomatoes and cucumber in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add mango and toss gently. Divide between serving plates.
- Cut the eggs into halves and divide between salads. Whisk vinegar, mustard and pepper together. Drizzle over salad and serve with rolls.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.7 g|
|- Sugars||9.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|