Serve up minty magic with these chocolatey cookies that will impress at any afternoon tea.
- 125 g chopped dark chocolate block
- 125 g margarine
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp peppermint essence
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- icing sugar
- Put 125g chopped dark chocolate and 125g margarine in a small saucepan and heat, stirring, over low heat until margarine melts. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Combine 1½ cups sugar, 2 tsp baking powder and 1⁄4 tsp bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add 3 x 60g eggs, lightly whisked, 1⁄4 cup fat-free Greek yoghurt, 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1⁄4 tsp peppermint essence. Mix until well combined. Sift 1½ cups plain flour and ½ cup wholemeal flour with 1⁄3 cup Dutch cocoa powder over batter and stir until well combined. Cover and put in fridge for 30 minutes to chill, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fanforced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Shape dough into 1.5cm balls. Roll balls in icing sugar and place 5cm apart on lined trays. Bake for 8 minutes or just until edges are firm. Set aside on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.1 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|