Summer brings gardens full of juicy tomatoes. There's no limit to what you can do with these nutrition powerhouses.
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 1 small fennel bulbs
- 50 g fresh baby spinach
- 500 g mixed tomatoes
- 50 g bocconcini, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ cup small basil
- 2 Tbsp finely shredded Parmesan
Lemon and eschalot vinaigrette
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool quickly. Drain again.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the eschalots, lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Trim fennel, reserving fronds. Snip or finely chop enough fronds to get 2 tsp. If desired, reserve additional fronds to serve. Halve and core fennel bulb and cut into very thin slices
- Put asparagus, fennel slices, spinach, tomato, bocconcini and basil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Stir chopped fennel fronds into vinaigrette and add to the salad. Toss to combine
- To serve, sprinkle parmesan over salad and top with additional fennel fronds, if using.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|