Brush up on your bruschetta skills – this takes your brunch to a whole new level with a sweet strawberry addition.
- 500 g tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 eschalots, cut into thin wedges
- 5 medium fresh strawberries, quartered
- 260 g low-fat ricotta
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 170 g wholemeal sourdough
- cooking spray
- balsamic glaze, to serve
- small basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Arrange tomatoes and eschalots in dish. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring twice, or until tomatoes are lightly browned and slightly dry. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in strawberries. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine the ricotta, honey and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C (fan-forced). Cut bread diagonally into 20 slices. Lightly spray slices with cooking spray. Place slices on large tray and bake for 5-7 minutes, turning once, or until light brown and crisp.
- Spread the bread slices with ricotta mixture. Top with the tomato mixture. Drizzle over a little balsamic glaze and add a few basil leaves. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.1 g|
|- Sugars||8.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|