Cooking for one – dine in style tonight with our quick and easy fuss-free meal. Gnocchi, gnocchi, who's there? A hearty, wholesome and delicious meal.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g extra lean pork mince
- 1 tsp drained capers
- 2 Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 185 ml tinned chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 60 ml water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g gnocchi
- ¼ cup basil, shredded
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Add pork mince and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add capers, olives, canned tomatoes, water and fresh tomato. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add gnocchi and cook for 1-2 minutes or until gnocchi floats to the surface.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove gnocchi and add to sauce. Cook for 1 minute to allow flavours to combine. Stir in basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Serve topped with extra basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||76.5 g|
|- Sugars||17.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|