Join in the fun and enjoy delicious finger food with family and friends.
- 1.5 kg chicken wing nibbles
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- Lebanese cucumber sticks, to serve
- ½ cup plum sauce
- ⅓ cup char siu sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Sprinkle with five-spice powder. Season with salt and white pepper. Toss well. Arrange in a single layer in an oiled, large, non-stick roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), turning halfway, for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Pour over sauce. Toss well to coat. Return pan to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, place seeds in a dry, small frying pan over a medium heat. Stir, shaking pan occasionally, until seeds are lightly golden. Add oil and chilli. Cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes, or until chilli is golden. Remove.
- Serve chicken with cucumber. Sprinkle over chilli and seeds.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.8 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|