These simple dumplings are perfect for dinner or lunch!
- 275 g packet gow gee wrappers
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- soy and sriracha sauce to serve
- 150 g pork mince
- 150 g raw peeled prawns, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped canned water chestnuts
- ⅓ cup finely chopped coriander
- 3 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place 2 tsps of filling in the centre of each wrapper. Brush edge with a little water. Bring two sides up to meet in the middle. Pinch together to seal and enclose filling. Place seam-side up, on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Arrange half the dumplings, evenly spaced and seam-side up, in pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until bases are lightly golden.
- Carefully add half the water to pan. Immediately cover with lid. Reduce heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has evaporated and dumplings are cooked. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining oil, dumplings and water.
- Serve with soy and sriracha sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.1 g|
|- Sugars||0.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|