Celebrate with a barbecue in true Aussie style – featuring decadent pomegranate and herb salad to spice up the menu.
- 1 ½ kg chicken thigh fillets
- ⅓ cup butter chicken sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Greek yoghurt
- warmed roti
- Trim excess fat from chicken. Cut three deep slits, diagonally, on one side of each chicken fillet.
- Combine butter chicken paste and vinegar in a large shallow dish. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Rub chicken to coat in mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make salad, cut pomegranate in half. Holding pomegranate cut-side down over a bowl, hit with a wooden spoon to remove seeds. Remove any white pith. Add remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Heat an oiled, large, barbecue flat plate over a medium heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Serve chicken with pomegranate and herb salad, yoghurt, roti bread and lemon wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.0 g|
|- Sugars||0.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|