Tender lamb is tossed with ginger and sesame seeds for a Chinese-style delicious meal.
- 6 x 225 g lamb backstrap
- 5 red capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
- 5 green spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- steamed long-grain rice
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small saucepan over a medium to high heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened and glossy.
- Heat a large, oiled barbecue flat plate over a medium heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Combine capsicums, onions and ginger in a large bowl. Add to same, hot flat plate. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender. Remove.
- Arrange vegetables on a serving plate. Top with lamb. Pour over sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Garnish with onions. Serve with rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|