You haven't had a burger this delicious before - not only beef, but pancetta and homemade patties make this a yummy option for a weeknight dinner.
- 500 g bulb mozzarella
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 ciabatta loaves, split
- ¼ cup garlic aioli
- 60 g rocket leaves
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- tomato chutney
- 1 kg beef mince
- ¾ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup tomato chutney
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp garlic aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make patties, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Divide mixture into six equal portions. Shape portions into patties (about 10cm in diameter). Place on a tray. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut six 5mm slices of cheese from bulb. Reserve remaining cheese for another use.
- Heat an oiled, barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add pancetta. Cook, for about 2 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Add rolls to same, hot grill plate, cut-side down. Cook for about 1 minute, or until toasted. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat same, oiled, barbecue grill plate over a medium heat. Add patties. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through. Turn again. Top with cheese. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and patties are cooked. Remove.
- To serve, spread aioli evenly over roll bases. Top with rocket, tomatoes, patties, pancetta and chutney. Replace lids.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||24.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||148.7 g|
|- Sugars||12.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|