Mini toasts are deliciously topped with fragrant garlic, paprika, tomato and fresh basil.
- 30 cm baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup drained canned roasted red capsicum strips
- ¼ cup tomato relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- thinly shredded basil, to garnish
- Trim ends of baguette. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Combine oil, garlic, paprika and herbs in a small bowl. Brush evenly over top of bread slices.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove.
- Finely chop capsicum. Place in a bowl with relish. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, arrange the toasts on a serving platter. Top with capsicum mixture. Garnish with basil.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.2 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.3 g|