Back to school lunchboxes – this easy make-ahead lunch is something the kids will just love!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 70 g sliced leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 125 g canned corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- 2 green spring onions, finely chopped
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup spreadable cream cheese
- ¼ cup tomato relish
- The night before, sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add to flour. Whisk until smooth. Stir in ham, corn, cheese, onions and butter until well combined.
- Grease a large, non-stick frying pan with extra butter over a medium to low heat. Spoon a tablespoon of batter into pan. Repeat to make eight pikelets.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden on both sides. Remove. Cool to room temperature. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan in between batches.
- Spread cream cheese over half the cooled pikelets. Top with relish, then remaining pikelets. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in a snap-lock bag or airtight container. Seal. Refrigerate.
- The next morning, pack pikelets into lunch boxes
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.9 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|