Create mini meringues with a swirl of raspberry, zingy passionfruit and glam white chocolate petals
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup caster sugar, plus extra 1 ½ cups
- 6 free-range egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 500 ml thickened cream
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
- passionfruit pulp to serve
- Preheat oven to 140ºC fanforced (160ºC conventional). Put raspberries and caster sugar into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until raspberries thaw and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and strain through Passionfruit and raspberry pavlovas with white choc flowers a fine sieve into a small bowl. Set sauce aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, trim 2 pieces of baking paper to fit the back of 2 large oven trays. Place baking paper on benchtop and then, using a 8cm-diameter glass, trace 6 circles onto each sheet of paper, at least 5cm apart. Place on backs of trays ink side down.
- Put egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment and beat on high for 1 minute. Add cream of tartar and beat for a further 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Gradually pour in extra sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition until mixture is thick and glossy. This should take about 10 minutes
- Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk until well incorporated.
- Put a dollop of meringue under each corner of baking paper to adhere paper to tray backs.
- Evenly divide mixture between centres of marked circles.
- Using the back of a spoon, form meringue into a ball shape, ensuring good height.
- Dip a skewer into raspberry mixture and use it to swirl around the sides of each meringue to create a raspberry ripple effect.
- Bake meringues for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 110ºC fan-forced (130ºC conventional) and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and allow to cool completely inside oven, with door slightly ajar.
- Beat cream and icing sugar mixture until stiff peaks form. Spoon onto top of each pavlova. To serve, drizzle over passionfruit pulp and dust with extra icing sugar mixture
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.5 g|
|- Sugars||7.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.2 g|