Add coconut to the biscuit base and mango to the filling for a tropical twist, then top with spun sugar to make this cheesecake truly amazing!
- cooking oil spray, for greasing
- 125 g granita biscuits
- 60 g butter, melted
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp gelatine powder
- 2 mango, flesh roughly chopped, plus extra 2-3 mangoes, cheeks thinly sliced tyo serve
- 3 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 450 ml thickened cream, whipped
- 200 g (24) sponge fingers
- ½ cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 ball spun sugar (see linked recipe)
- Grease a 20cm round springform tin with cooking oil spray. Line base and sides with baking Mango cheesecake with coconut crust paper. Put biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add butter and coconut. Process until just combined.
- Spoon biscuit mixture into prepared tin.
- Evenly press mixture into base using bottom of a glass tumbler until smooth. Put tin in fridge.
- Meanwhile, put 4 tablespoons of water into a small jug. Sprinkle gelatine over top and stir with a fork to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes. Microwave on high/100% for 30 seconds or until gelatine has dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, process mango flesh in a food processor until pureed. Measure 1 cup of puree.
- Put cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment and beat on low speed until just smooth. Add sugar and beat again on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high and beat for 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and, with motor running, pour in gelatine mixture in a slow, steady stream until well incorporated, scraping down sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add cup of mango puree and 300ml of the whipped cream. Beat again on low speed until combined.
- Spoon mixture over biscuit base, smooth the surface and chill for 6 hours, or overnight, until set.
- Put sponge fingers and icing sugar mixture into a large zip-lock bag. Shake vigorously until sponge fingers are well coated.
- Transfer sponge fingers to a tray, shaking off excess icing sugar.
- Remove cheesecake from tin and transfer to a plate. Spread remaining whipped cream over side of cake until covered. Arrange sponge fingers, side by side, around side of cake.
- Top cheesecake with extra mango slices and decorate with spun sugar. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||27.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.9 g|
|- Sugars||31.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|