You can even swap frangelico for rum, brandy, whisky or any flavoured liqueur. Say hello to your new favourite treat!
- reserved cake crumbs
- 60 ml Frangelico
- ¼ cup finely chopped peanuts
- 200 g dark chocolate melts, melted
- silver cachous to garnish
- edible gold dust to decorate
- Put cake crumbs in a large bowl. Crumble until fine.
- Measure out 2 cups of crumbs and discard remainder.
- Pour in Frangelico.
- Pour in chopped nuts and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, squish together 1 tablespoon of mixture, then roll into a ball. Repeat to make 18 balls.
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Dip balls into melted chocolate, 1 at a time, to coat. Remove balls using a fork, tapping off excess chocolate, and transfer to the tray.
- Scatter truffle balls with cachous. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes, or overnight, until chocolate has set. Brush with a little gold dust. Serve.
• Swap Frangelico for rum, brandy, whisky or any flavoured liqueur. • Try white or milk chocolate melts. • Instead of peanuts, you could try other nuts, such as hazelnuts, almonds or pistachios. • Garnish with nuts or roll set balls in cocoa
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||15.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|