Stir-fries should be your go-to for weeknight meals – not only are they really quick to make (this one is just 20 mins!) you can also get creative, like with the sweet addition of pineapple.
- 400 g uncrumbed pork leg schnitzels
- 8 green spring onions
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 425 g canned pineapple slices, drained, halved
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Cut pork into 3cm pieces. Chop six of the onions into 3cm lengths. Cut remaining onions diagonally into thin slices. Reserve for garnish.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a medium to high heat. Add pork in two batches, adding another 1 tsp oil with second batch. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until browned and just cooked. Remove.
- Add capsicum, chopped onions and remaining oil to same, hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove. Add pineapple to wok. Gently stirfry for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Return pork, capsicum and onions to wok with combined sauces, chilli and water. Gently stir until sauce is boiling and mixture is hot. Remove.
- Serve stir-fry with rice. Garnish with reserved onions.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||122.4 g|
|- Sugars||19.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.3 g|