Sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce add an irresistibly Asian-style fusion of flavours in this moreish stir fry. Yay!
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken breast strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 250 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- steamed baby bok choy, to serve
- Peel carrots. Cut in half lengthways. Cut carrots diagonally into slices.
- Heat 2 tsps of the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches, adding another 2 tsps oil with second batch. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same, hot wok. Add carrots and onion. Stir-fry over a high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost tender. Add peas. Stir-fry a further 1 minute.
- Return chicken to wok with combined sauce, sugar and pastes. Stir-fry until sauce is boiling and mixture is hot. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Serve with steamed baby bok choy
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|